Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to Hope

Here are some pictures from Hope's birthday party last weekend. The pictures are all sorts of messed up time-line wise, but blogger makes it so hard now to move your pictures around. It didn't used to be that way. So, here is the party story, a little messed up but still here. The pumpkin balloon game in the back. Each balloon was filled with something. **Note to self-kids like candy better than glitter!**
Kids coloring the masks. I bought these little wooden masks at Michael's that the kids colored with markers. They were very successful. They kept the kids busy for like 20+ minutes. And in the world of 4 years olds, that's an eternity. The kids also painted little pumpkins.

I'm not sure why the witch on the right was crying...she must have thought her nose was too big...or too green.



These witches were the hardest ones to make, too the longest too. I couldn't get my food marker to work, so most didn't have any smiles/frowns at all. Stupid food marker.


Cake pops! I think I have figured them out now. Hannah was my helper on this project. She helped me one entire afternoon. We made 75 cake pops that day.


The one picture of me that was taken. NEVER any pictures of me, do you have the same issue?I'm usually the one taking the pictures.


Little mummy wraps and grilled cheese pumpkin shaped sandwiches for the main course. Very kid friendly.


I bought soda for the party, it matched my color scheme.


First cut into the fondant cake. I made marshmallow fondant, so it was a little smooshier than the store bought kind, but it tasted much better.
She was so excited to get this present "my own computer!!".
From Auntie Hayley.
All smiles.

My very first attempt at decorating a cake. I have made plain cakes plenty of times, but my first time trying to decorate. The fondant really wasn't very hard. I really didn't have any idea what I was doing, I just made it up as I went along. But overall I was happy. Learned a lot that's for sure!

I found these two spiders the morning of the party. I was sweeping up, I knew the spider on the left was there (I think it's the same one that was on my outside chair from before, he just moved). I was going to have Scott move him, but I was sweeping all around him, I came out like 2 minutes later...to find the tarantula on the left crawling around right where I had been!!! I must have stirred it up, but I'm just so glad it didn't crawl on me, I would have messed my pants for sure. Kids liked seeing them, and Hunter released them back into the wild the next day.

Little Alice in Wonderland. She had a great day!!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. I don't know where to begin. First of all Hope is adorable. Love her smile and curls. The cake looks like it is from the best bakery in town. I can't believe you made a fondant cake. The spiders are perfect for Halloween and to think you have such specimens in your back yard. Yikes.
    The cake pops are really cute. What a fun birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great party Martha!! and happiest birthday to Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had big plans for cake pops at our Halloween party. But at 11 the night before the party, I looked at the baked cakes and said screw it. I didn't have it in me to do the cake pops. I love them, I think they are cute, but geez! They are a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Hope!! What a great party, Heather!!! Love the cake! The cake pops? How do you make those???

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just a test to see if your blog will finally let me leave comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FINALLY!!! oh my gosh, i'm so excited. i seriously tried leaving about 15 messages!!!

    i love hopey's hair. i hate the spiders. i loved the cake, very impressive. cake pops, too. can't remember what else i wanted to say, but i know it was funnier than this. this isn't even funny. but you can only imagine how excited i am about this finally working.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish blogger would let us edit our comments, but alas it does not so I had to delete and start over! LOL

    Heather, what a great party. Hope is so cute! I love the marshmallow witches, would love to know how you make those and the marshmallow fondont too.... and yes, I never have pictures with me in them either. Ken is getting much better at grabbing the camera now and then, but still!

    I have a friend who used to be in our ward, later moved to Utah and just moved up to Seattle. She likes it so far. I mentioned to her that you had lived there for quite some time.

    Ken and I used to live up near Austin, the hill country is nice. If you are ever in Houston let us know!!!

    as always your blog makes me hungry! so many good treats to look at and foods to try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. L"OVE your cake! I made a fondant cake for alyssa's bday last year...it turned out decent. and if you want to be in pics, you gotta pass off the camera and say TAKE A PICTURE OF ME! not vain, it is important to be documented for the sake of your children.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am DYING over how big Hope is!!!! Hallie has that same Tiana doll. I didn't know Hope was going to have curly hair, it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete