Thursday, June 10, 2010

You'll need to

read the previous post to understand what I'm about to say. I was trying to not be so long winded buy my entire shower I was thinking about what I didn't say that I wanted to say. So, here it is...

I was embarrassed about my toes until I felt that lady checking me out. (You might be thinking enough about the toes, but it's symbolic for my I think so bear with me.) Then, I got kind of bossy. I told her I was a runner and I had lost my nails training for Hood to Coast. That made me feel proud, no more embarrassment. She told me I could get a fake nail put on there to make it look better. That made me feel kind of pissy. I looked at her with her fake blond hair, her fake nails and her fake boobs, and said yeah I could, but the podiatrist said I could get a fungus under there and I don't want a fungus. That shut her up quick. She didn't want to chat about a fungus. I put my foot up on the bar proudly from then on out. I don't care what she thinks. Why should I. I am who I am nail-less toe and all. I kicked her skinny little butt in that class. She kept needing the teacher to come over and correct her posture. Not me, I got compliments on my form. Carrie remembered my name was Heather.

5 comments:

  1. doesn't surprise me one bit. and i find that oftentimes people that go fakey have to deal with all kinds of fungus. no you, sis.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! P.S. the Christies put cork in their entire main floor right before we moved and it's sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to grow some wheat grass. It is so pretty and just looks like Spring.

    ReplyDelete