Monday, September 14, 2009

Heather's boot camp

run 5 minutes easy at first (warm up) then moderate pace (on the repeat run, fast past)
jump rope 5 minutes (fast pace, high knees)
suicides length of the gym (push it!)
5 minutes side squats across the gym and different plyometrics (leap frog, wall jumps, high skipping with BIG arms)
5 minutes rowing machine (keep the pace quick, my arms were burning by the end)
a ton of weighted squats (a bunch until it burns)
Versa T rainer (this machine we have at my gym, you lay on your stomach and pull your body weight up)

repeat

Finish with 5 minutes killer abs. I did different plank type ab exercises today.

The workout took me about 1 hour 5 minutes. That's including a quick stretch.

I'm not training for any event right now, so I've dropped down to running 2 times a week. I'm spinning a couple of times a week, but I have missed a boot camp type class. Instead of paying extra to do a boot camp style class with a personnel trainer...I'm doing it myself. I get a better workout anyway, made just for me, by me to meet my goals. Just thought I'd share. It kicked my butt.

3 comments:

  1. That's my goal. I have a ways to go. I can just see you doing that routine. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh....I'm impressed. I'd be about dead right now if I attempted that workout. LOL! :) You're the WOMAN!

    ReplyDelete