Thursday, October 1, 2009


Well, since I have done that boot camp at least 3 times since I posted about it...maybe it's time for a change. It's not that I haven't wanted to blog...

Anyway, here is a little sampling of what's been going on in that head of mine.

First of all, I came really close to buying one of those really expensive blenders. I have been wanting to make those "green smoothies" But spending up to $500 on a blender...?? Just couldn't do it. Although, I made my first green smoothie yesterday, and I had to work very hard at blending it up. Life would be a lot easier with a $500 blender. Here's the one I made yesterday: 5 leaves kale, 3 apples, 2 cups water, juice of 1 lemon. I'm not going to lie and say it was delicious...it wasn't. But it WAS way better than I thought it was going to be. It made enough for all the kids to sample (they were completely grossed out), Scott got a swig, and then two of my neighbors were lucky enough to be around and partake.

I'm sure you are so interested in the green smoothie, and WHY I'd even make such a thing. Well, I'll tell you but not now, playgroup is in 15 minutes, and I still have to shower. There is never enough time, but I'll blog more later. I was sick of "Heather's Boot Camp" on my blog!

2 comments:

  1. I do enjoy your zest for health. In fact, I should get some credit just for being your mother. I don't think that drink would be a favorite of mine either. I like the smoothies with fruit and ice cream or yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can get you the blend tech sample from the guy who does will it blend, he was in our ward from UT. I got ours for under $200, I also got our grinder from him and we love it. Let me know if you want me to hook you up. We love ours.

    ReplyDelete