Monday, November 16, 2009

Public Service Announcment

This "stuff" works. I'm sure you have all seen Brooke Shields in those adds for Latisse, the medicine that grows eye lashes. I always wondered if it really worked. Well, I saw a friend the other night that I hadn't seen for about a month or so. I noticed her eyelashes...they were SO long. So long, in fact, we teased her about her eyelid getting tired because they had to blink those looooong lashes. So long, in fact, that they seriously cast a shadow upon her face. She told me she had been using a generic for Latisse for about 12 weeks or so. Well, it worked that's for sure. I came home and did a little research on the side effects because I had heard it can turn your light eyes brown. It can indeed to that, it's called permanent iris pigmentation. It can also cause: lid pigmentation (darkening of the eyelid), hair growth outside the treatment area, and eye inflammation. She did say her eyes had been a little burny and red. Hmmmm, too bad I like my green eyes. They need to do a little more work on the formula for me to become a user. But WOW her eyelashes were sure long! The things were are willing to do/risk for beauty, isn't it amazing??

6 comments:

  1. crazy, i've never even heard of it! creating a shadow though - that is a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that it only affects brown eyed people that way. I think it says it in the commercial. The thing for me? I heard it was $125 a month. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No it turns blue/green INTO brown eyes. I was reading on the internet that some brown eyed people have have the ring around their brown eyes turn gray! It is pricey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to keep it up or they go back to normal. They actually discovered this when they were treating an eye condition and it made the patient's lashes grow. I don't like the fact it cost $125 a month to maintain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PINK TUBE WITH THE GREEN CAP. That's all ya need:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some beauty is worth the risk and the price! I'm not sure on THIS particular beauty, but you know...

    ReplyDelete