Friday, November 13, 2009

recipe club

I have a minute. Scott went on Hayden's field trip this morning. Hope is downstairs, she just finished up a "fashion show". My friend gave her a bag of clothes. Most are still too big AND summer dresses...but she does not care one bit. She is just like me when I was little. My Mom tells me I changed clothes a million times a day. So does she, her room is proof :) She is now downstairs playing dolls, and she was tucking her dolls in (on top of the Costco toilet paper package). I told her she was a good Mommy. She said she wasn't a Mommy, she was a girl. Then she said she was a "toy mom" at least she knows fact vs fiction. **Oh and do you let your 3 year old, who was already dressed in clothes that fit, wear her slightly too big summer dress to the gym because she wants to AND because she dressed herself? I don't know. I fear my standards are lowering :) **

I went to recipe club last night. It's where a bunch of girls get together, bring a recipe to share and sit around and chat (and of course EAT!). I love recipe club. Anyway, last night's theme was Holiday Favorites. My friend Denise brought this recipe for stuffing. I thought it was delicious and thought I'd share. I'm always looking for new and better recipes for the holiday tradition. I'm kind of picky about stuffing, I'll be honest, usually I think Stove Top tastes better than a lot of stuffing. But not this, it was tasty!

Spicy and Sweet Sausage Stuffing

2 sticks real butter
1 onion
4-5 celery sticks
3 pkg cubed seasoned stuffing mix (I used the Marie Calendars brand)
2 Rolls of Jimmy Dean Bold Sausage (If you can't find bold, do 1 regular, 1 hot) brown, crumble and drain on paper towels.
1/2 c. sliced almonds
3 1/2 cups chicken broth or more if you like it more moist

Saute the onion and celery in the butter. Add in rest of ingredients. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and add 2 pkg chopped craisens and 4 peeled, cored and chopped granny smith apples.

1 comment:

  1. i will have to try out that sausage dip sometime soon.

    glad that scott's gotten to go on field trips. and i'm glad hopey is enjoying her fashion shows. she's a nut. can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete