Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I may be approaching 40 but....

Hannah as Mrs. Peacock. She made her little head piece.



At Hope's preschool, to check the kids in and out you have to scan your finger. Last year, I had lots of problems especially in the winter time scanning my finger...it just wouldn't scan. There were others that had the same problem I had, but it happened quite a bit for me. One day, I had this lady (she was older, maybe a grandma) tell me that "as we get older our finger prints fade." :0 What????? As I get older, I'm not that old, I thought!! I think it's just dry skin!!

Pretty much out of nowhere a few weeks ago the bottom of my foot started to hurt. I'm thinking plantar fasciitis. I had taken to wearing my flip flop Crocs to walk over to the school to pick up Hayden and I had some thin little junky Adidas I was wearing as workout shoes, and they weren't of good quality. I had a lady in yoga class tell me, "when we hit middle age tendinitis starts to creep up." Whatt????

Well, I'm happy to report, I have bought myself some Burts Bee's lotion that comes in a handy little dispenser (my homemade variety is a little greasy for multiple uses during the day) and I have had NO trouble with the finger scanner AT ALL THIS YEAR. So, take that lady at the preschool. My tendinitis was good yesterday, woke up hurting again today. I continue to stretch and ice. (Frozen water bottles are a wonderful little tool to use if you suffer from this pain as well...FYI) My stable, but cute Nikes are my BFF's for a while. I went to Kohl's to buy some cute walking shoes, but they were too old lady"ish". I refuse. My Nike's are great, until I find another NON all-white alternative.

I might be approaching middle age, but I'm not going to use that as an excuse to let my body fall apart around me :) Good new?? My triangle is in good shape!!!!

1 comment:

  1. that hannah - she's beautiful!!!

    it could've been dry skin, or it could've been the jones curse. :)

    and i'm sure you could easily drag a kid or two back to the nike store for some walking shoes. ha.

    ReplyDelete