Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to school is almost here!

This is our last summer night. We had back to school night this afternoon/tonight. First, we went to the brand new elementary school. How I love the new school. It's so pretty. Both kids got good teachers. Hannah is in 5th now, and she will have three different teachers. She has her "besty" in her class so she couldn't be any happier. Hayden got the teacher everybody wants, so I'm super excited. She is supposed to be hard, and we already have a homework assignment ;) We went to back to school night for Hunter as well. I got to check out his teachers and they all met with my approval. I will say his science teacher, Mr. Hunting, looked about 12. It's not even his first year teaching. I must be getting old. I was a total looser parent and didn't have any of the forms filled out so he could get a ticket to receive his schedule. Luckily, my friend was giving out the tickets, and I promised to turn in "my assignment" on Wednesday. I have never been to a back to school night at Skyridge, so I didn't know better(last year we were at Disney) and I assumed the first day was fine. OOOOps.

We got all the sports schedules for Hunter, Hannah and Hayden. It looks like Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be crazy. I will need to be 3 places all at once. No problem!!! Hannah's practice is held at a Middle School about 20 MINUTES away!!! Yuck! That's at 4:45, Hayden's practice is 2 minutes away, but it's right at 5. Hunter needs to be picked up from football practice right at 5. Hmmmmm... I'm working on different carpools so we can make things work. Goodness.

My parents have been here (they watched the kids for Hood to Coast) and they leave tomorrow. It was fun having Ma and Pa here for a visit. I'm off to go fold laundry, and make my bed. I love clean sheet Monday!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you better get some carpools planned stat. i love clean sheets, too! it has sounded like mom and dad have had lots of fun, too.

    ReplyDelete