Friday, August 21, 2009

Got zucchini?


It's hard to tell just how big these are, but trust me they are huge!!

Right about now we have more zucchini than we know what to do with. We pick the big bad ugly zucchini not to eat, but to play with. Hunter and Hayden have "zucchini ed" people (ding dong ditch, but you leave a zucchini). Hayden and his friends like to use the big ones for air soft gun shooting practice. We have even carved some up. I have cut the small ones and put them in just about anything and everything. Not to mention bread and cookies. I don't think I'll buy a zucchini at the store ALL winter long! If you want to feel like you have gardening success...plant zucchini.
I watched my neighbor's kids today (she watched mine while I went to San Francisco). OMGoodness, is it time for school to start yet? Soon. I finally feel like I'm back in the groove after my girls trip to San Fran. Boy, does it take a few days to get your feet back under you.
Last night Scott and I went for a late run. I had run 6 miles earlier that day, but needed some night running/training. It really wasn't so bad, and this is coming from someone who gets grumpy past 9. I had book club last night and I even had a full tummy. I was tired starting out, but once that heart starts pumping, you are awake. Amazing how that works. Hood to Coast 1 week from today. I really just want to get it done. I think I'm prepared/ready as I'll ever be, so bring it on!
I went to my friend's Silpada jewelry party tonight. I didn't think I'd buy anything but left with a new cuff bangle bracelet. Well, didn't actually leave with it, payed for it, and it comes next week. Maybe I'll wear it for Hood to Coast, kidding. I don't think it would go with my Head Hunter singlet (super ugly shirt we had to buy for our team). Totally rambling now, goodnight.

4 comments:

  1. I have a few ideas for that zucchini...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Holly said it...not me. (for once)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to get a new piece of jewelry.
    I'm not even going to touch the comments on the big zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have already thought and laughed about all the pervy zucchini comments hahahaha We are sisters after all and our minds think along the same lines.

    ReplyDelete