Thursday, March 1, 2012

God's beautiful creations

Another picture of a beautiful sunset. Last night I was closing the blinds right by the kitchen, when Hope told me not to close the blinds there was a pretty sunset. I looked for a second and thought, yeah it's pretty but I've seen prettier. (snotty of me, right?) The length and quality of my look, was not sufficient to her, and she told me so. She really wanted me to take a picture of the pretty sunset, but I told her I had just taken a picture of the sunset last week and I didn't need another. She was insistent. In fact, she told me, "You are not appreciating God's beautiful creations, Mom!!" That stopped me. So, I got my camera phone, walked outside, took a picture, admired God's beautiful creation for a little while with my sweet little girl, and thought to myself...she was right, it really is another beautiful sunset. Then I started to think, how many pretty sunsets do I miss because I don't really look. I just quickly glance and call it good. I would have missed this one, if my little one hadn't insisted. Pay attention people, you don't want to miss any of God's beautiful creations!

1 comment:

  1. hey... i left a comment here earlier. it didn't stick? i hate that!

    i love that hope and her enjoyment of god's beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete