Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Like Mother like Daughter

My Mother told me as a child I liked to change my clothes. I also liked to have my nails painted, but I remember wanting it off right away. But Hope...that Hope likes to change her clothes. Hope walked into her room a week or so ago, and proclaimed that her room was a mess, she needed to pick it up, uhhhh you mean I (as in the Mother) needs to pick it up. I'm talking she has already changed out of her jammies, that she put on after bath...probably like 10 times. I'm not kidding. It used to be a few outfit changes a day, now, I can't even keep track. She just now came out in an outfit that has been taken out of her drawer because it was too small and put away in a garbage bag, waiting for me to take care of. Well, now it's just more fun for Hope. Today, as Kohl's I found (on clearance 80% off!!) Cinderella jammies. The fancy kind. As soon as I saw them I knew she'd love them. Because did I mention, most of her clothing changes revolve around jammies. Mostly, not all.

You know what else I bought today at Kohl's? A shirt that I had already bought for Hope that I couldn't find and I was SICK of looking for it. Over the last couple of weeks, we couldn't find: 1 pair Fancy Nancy slippers, 1 pair jeans, Hannah's green Abercrombie shirt, and a shirt Santa brought Hope. The other night I was sick and tired or sort of looking and being annoyed I couldn't find said items. I looked and found them all...except that shirt. Don't forget I am compulsive, and when I say I kept thinking and looking I mean it. Finally, I just had to tell myself it got thrown away, and to STOP looking. I looked for just a minute today when I got back :). Hope took the tags off the new shirt, and that was that.

I don't know what people do that don't work out...or how they must feel. I was feeling a little on the crappy/crabby side this morning. It didn't help that,I sat down at spin and the instructor wanted to take an informal poll on how we thought the economy was doing. A lot of people raised their hands when she asked if they thought it was better. I about fell off my bike raising my hand when asked if we felt worse. But then, about 15 minutes into the workout, my whole mood changed. I started chatting with my friend next to me, and to Scott on my other side. I swear I'm addicted to the endorphins that are released during exercise. Thank heavens for exercise. And thank heavens I didn't impulsively cancel my club membership when Scott lost his job. 'Cause I almost did. That would have been pure madness. I went through a time when I was very miserly. I didn't want to spend a penny on anything that wasn't necessary. I had a friend, who has been in my place before, and she told me not to act poor, because I'm not. Some of the best advice I received. Granted, there might be a time when I am poor (in a year or so, and Scott still doesn't have a job) cutting back on some things is essential to spread what we have out as long as possible, but days like today...thank HEAVENS for the gym and spin class. Because, girls I worked it today!! I'd like to think I was the reason those spin room mirrors were all fogged up.

Oh, I must go because Hope is telling me she can't find any pajamas, seriously? At least I haven't tucked her in yet, that's when I may get a little grumpy. Scott and the boys are at the Trail Blazers game tonight, it's Hope and I that must solve the dilemmas of not a thing to wear!

2 comments:

  1. people that don't exercise - we eat. that's what we do.

    i can't believe she's such a nut about changing. i miss that girl. she's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the recipes. Will try as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete