Monday, January 18, 2010

Ticket to Ride and the bad case of gas

Last night some friends had us over for dinner. It was delicious, but it gave me a stomach ache, more like a side ache, really. Like...really bad. We were playing this really fun game "Ticket to Ride" and I was trying to play it cool. Trying. But I started sweating...and rocking...and pushing on my side... I thought I was going to die. I finally asked what it felt like when you had appendicitis. Poor Heather just had some really bad gas, I guess. I don't typically suffer from "the gas" so much. Annie got me a Tums. I was really appreciating the Tums last night. I've never had a Tums before. Not to worry, it was the kind way high up in the intestines, so I never embarrassed myself. (just so you know :) The reason for all the discomfort? Not sure, other than 1) I didn't eat any lunch 2) when I got home from church I made myself a green smoothie (green smoothies don't usually give me ANY problems) 3)it was white pasta, white French bread and iceberg lettuce for dinner. It must have made for a toxic brew. Hunter said that I ate "normal" food and it made me sick. I must be used to a little more "roughage" than that. As I was getting ready for bed last night, I asked Scott if he was embarrassed of/for me that I had that particular problem in front of friends. He said he thought it was endearing. hahahahahaha

I don't really know why you had to know my personnel business, but now you do. The reason for this blog is to share this game. Have you played before? It was really fun, and it has been added onto my list of things that must be purchased after Scott gets a job.

4 comments:

  1. That is our favorite game!! So much fun! I got ours at a local craft store when I had a 50% off coupon, so it was only about $30. Glad you fixed your "problem".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That' where our friends bought it...Craft Warehouse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. we ARE related. you got gas. it is definitely endearing for me ;)

    sounds like a fun, but expensive game. we'll have to check that guy out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you for so many reasons, one of them is that you tell the world this awesome story. I love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete