Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dumb stuff I do

Picture of me making breakfast for dinner Sunday evening. Hannah said she was going to start taking more pictures of me, after all it's only fair (she says).


Funny story for you...Tuesday after school I picked Hunter up and we went to get his permit. Finally! It's been a long time coming. First he needed to finish the online course. At first my attitude was if he doesn't really care why should I? And I didn't push. Then it got to be December, and I got sick of waiting, so I pushed. Then we had a hard time figuring out a time to take the darn test at the DPS. You see their hours are super convenient...NOT! There is one day they stay open until 6, Tuesday! Blah blah blah we made it there. We got all checked in, I even remembered to bring all the appropriate documents and forms, miracle of all miracles. I even brought something I didn't need, proof of insurance. Anyway, I'm sitting there filling out this one form the lady gave us, with a pen that we borrowed, and I start sniffing. Sniff sniff...sniff sniff. Something is stinky. Sniff sniff...sniff sniff. Yeah something smells really kind of bad. I was thinking body odor. I lean in and give Hunter the sniff check. He HAD just finished track practice, but no that wasn't his brand of stink. I ask him if he smells it. Sniff sniff...sniff sniff. Yeah he does too. The offending aroma is close. I start my scan of the room, I see a few possible suspects. I sit and wait. And wait, you do a lot of waiting at the DPS. I sniff on the pen. OH GROSS! It's the pen, some gross, smelly hand has defiled the pen, that I was using!! I practically throw the pen at Hunter and he goes and gets another. Well, folks as Hunter was walking back I smell my hand. And it hits me. The smelly person was me. I had been chopping a whole big onion, and several cloves of garlic for these wickedly delicious tacos, and in all my rushing about to get dinner made before I left to go get Hunter, I didn't wash my hands properly. The offending stink was my own. I got a good laugh about it, and felt sorry for the next sorry person that touched that pen after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment