Tuesday, February 7, 2012

TX license

Hope at the DMV and Rocky in the car...that I need a TX drivers license to drive.



Scott told me about a week ago, I needed to get my Texas drivers license. For 2 reasons, something boring about homestead exception something or other and for insurance this year he has to prove he has dependents. Well. I said, I want to be insured so I best be getting that license. Heavens, it was about time. I've lived here for awhile now. Scott was like..."I can't believe you haven't done that yet." And I said, "I just haven't had the time." Then I laughed at myself. Because I'm a big preacher about you make time for what's important. So, I backtracked and said, I haven't made the time to do that. There, it's done. I got it! Check that off the list.

I kind of liked having my WA license. It made me feel special, and like maybe I'll be going back there someday. But I'm not, and I'm good with that. I've bloomed here, or at least I'm blooming.

But in all my craziness to prove that Scott and I are indeed married and I am, cough cough, a dependent...I can't find our marriage certificate. Or my birth certificate. Or my SS card. Or my patriarchal blessing. Officially, I don't exist. I'm feeling rather panicked. In all my stupid moves over the last few years, have I lost MY special folder? I have "special folders" for everyone. Including Rocky. I guess I haven't needed anything in there for a while...? I guess I haven't done anything...well rather "special" that's required those documents. Theirs are all accounted for. Mine?? No where. Sigh. We hand carried theirs on the plane, so we could register for school right away. I'm sure it's here, right? I'm going to go look some more. Just because it's not where it's supposed to be, doesn't mean I can't find it. I still think Scott hand carried my stuff too, maybe it's still in some darn backpack.

1 comment:

  1. HA. this is a dell thing, i betcha. because for our insurance, we just had to order a copy of our marriage license. i couldn't find it, either. i do have my sosh though. i need to get a new license by the my birthday though :( mom is sending me my birthy as we speak. i'll be in your same boat pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete